• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it gets technical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

habitatxskate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ

i was driving on a 2 lane road when the car in the right swerves so i honk the horn. then my stupid friend takes it upon himself to curse the guy off and give him the finger. so now he starts following us, thinking its some crazy guy all pissed off i go through sidestreets and he follows, i get into my hometown after speeding and park.. the guy gets out of his car after finding where i did park and of course if had to be an on duty cop in his personal vehicle.

he said i was doing "70" in a 40 yet he didn't have radar because 1. he told me, 2. i have a radar detector. i was doing 55mph tops. he also told me i swerved which i know for a fact i didn't which was confirmed by the car of people i knew in front of me. this cop was also on his cell phone and was the one swerving on the yellow line, he actually almost hit the car in front of me and used the excuse that i was going SOOOOOOOOO fast that he couldn't of even anticipated me being there. he continued to tell me that he almost lost control of his car doing 40mph? how much jurisdiction does he have on me? and the majority of the getaway was in a town over from him where i was going really fast thinking a psycho murderer was chasing me. needless to say i did lose him but he drove around long enough to find out where i was parked since its a small town.

i havent been issued a ticket yet, can i even be issued one in the first place? how about after 24 hrs? any information would be greattttt

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">