• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Point removed from license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenda4

What is the name of your state? California. Hi, my wife got a speeding ticket out of state (MN) and has taken traffic school in MN and CA is giving her a heck of a time in getting the point taken off off of her license. MN says that they have submitted all of the paper work to CA, but CA is the hardest state to deal with. As far as MN is concerned, there is no point on her license. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved?? We have been dealing with this for 6 months now.

Thanks,

greenda4

What is the name of your state? California. Hi, my wife got a speeding ticket out of state (MN) and has taken traffic school in MN and CA is giving her a heck of a time in getting the point taken off off of her license. MN says that they have submitted all of the paper work to CA, but CA is the hardest state to deal with. As far as MN is concerned, there is no point on her license. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved?? We have been dealing with this for 6 months now.

Thanks,

greenda4
my last ticket was when i was traveling back from north and was stopped in AL.
i was told by a friend who is a cop that the points on that ticket would not be carried over to my FL license. i didnt know that and asked further. it appears that (in my case) that since the event happened in AL, that FL does not put any points on my FL license since it happened in AL. i am not sure if that is true, but i am taking the officers word.

btw...it must hold some truth...seeing as it doesn't show up on my driving record.

also... FL doesnt allow out of state drivers to take a drivers class. DMV said it was only an option for state residents.

greenda4

We already checked her CA driver's license and she does have the point on her license from this MN speeding ticket and want to know how to remove it.

Thanks,

greenda4

Maestro64

To be honest with you I am not sure what you can do once the points are there, it looks like MN sent the fact she had gotten the ticket before she completed the classes. First you have to see if CA recognizes an out of state traffic class, if they do then you can get a certified copy of the fact the MN has no record of points and ask them to remove them. However, if CA does not recognize the out state class, I think your stuck.

Next what is your concern about the points, if you had a clean record all along your insurance my never check and the point will just go away anyway.

Last edited:

greenda4

Our insurance renewal came up in July '07 and she got the ticket in Dec '06 and took the class in Feb '07 and CA has not taken the points off and our insurance rate has already gone up and have been told that the violation stays on the record for 3 yrs and we want it removed because we took the driving course.

thanks,

greenda4

Maestro64

ah, you're one of the unlucky few who got the DMV record checked right before renewal.

Yeah your insurance will stay high for 3 yrs after the points clear. I am not sure how you undo that, they will check you DMV record for 3 yrs after the points are gone and if you have not more tickets your rates should drop again. If you clear it with the state will your insurance company fix it, I am not sure that is the case since they now know about it.

Like I said you need to find out if CA honors out of state traffic school. If they do not you are probably stuck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">