• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

going 110 in a 65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fisherman13

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was pulled over for going 110 mph in a 65 mph zone do you no how much the ticket can be (max.)? Is there a way for me to convert the fine into community service hours? How do I no if i got charged for reckless driving would that be a seperate ticket or can the judge give me a fine for that when i go to court? thanks

Just Blue

how much do you think the fine will be?
The fine is the least of your worries! Talk to your parents about hiring an attorney . The ramifications of this ticket are huge.....10's of thousands of dollars in insurance premiums for the extra points WHEN you do get your license back! You are damn lucky that you didn't kill someone with your reckless disregard for others safety!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I was just looking at something that lists traffic offenses in the State of Illinois and their corresponding "point" values, which determines the levels of punishment and penalties. The worst offenses have a 50 point value, one of which is speeding in excess of 29 mph over the limit. You were in excess of 45 mph.

Not only do you need money for a lawyer, you're going to need lots of money to pay your future insurance premiums. Plus, if you've had at least one other violation in the past 24 months, you might as well buy a bicycle.

Ozark_Sophist

Driving greater than 40 over the limit is a Class A Misdemeanor in Illinois ('625 ILCS 5/11-601.5). Fine not greater than $2500. Plus a special $4 fine for each $40 fine imposed for traffic school for under 18, so add $250. Jail term not more than one year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">