• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going 90 in a 65 zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthony C.

What is the name of your state? California
I was on the 133 Southbound to I-5 when I got caught. I'm assuming I will have to go to court. I just wanted to know what is going to happen now. This is my first time getting a ticket. Will I be able to go to traffic school? If anyone could provide me with any other information that would be great as well regarding this situation.

Thanks
Anthony

CdwJava

You can check your local court website (most have sites) and find out more info about your county's process. In general, the court clerk cannot offer you traffic school for being in excess of 25 MPH over the limit, but the court can. In other words, you will not likely be offered traffic school as an option when you get your courtesy notice (IF you get a notice), but if you go before a judge you can ask ... if you are otherwise eligible.

- Carl

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can check your local court website (most have sites) and find out more info about your county's process. In general, the court clerk cannot offer you traffic school for being in excess of 25 MPH over the limit, but the court can. In other words, you will not likely be offered traffic school as an option when you get your courtesy notice (IF you get a notice), but if you go before a judge you can ask ... if you are otherwise eligible.

- Carl
Carl - (not being argumentative here, just asking)

OP said he was cited at 90 in a 65. You say "in excess of 25 MPG over..." Wouldn't that be 91+ MPH?

My thinking is maybe OP got a break from the citing officer?

CdwJava

Sorry ... I believe it's 25 and over, not OVER 25. I'd have to look it up to know. The point being that even if not offered the option, it is an option.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">