• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

going to traffic court in 3 hours SC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindinsc

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?SC
I was stopped for not completely stopping at a red light and was given two additional tickets. The officer told me my court date would be 3-23, however when he handed me the tickets, the date on them was 2-23 which I pointed out to the officer. He fixed the date and handed them back to me. On 2-25, I recieved a notice from my city that i had been tried and convicted on two of the counts in abstencia on 2-23. Apparently the clerk's copy from the officer said 2-23 instead of 3-23 and she believed that all three were the same date. When i talked to the clerk on the phone, she said that i had been tried on all three. She had the officer call me later. He had talked to the judge and the judge agreed to rehear the case. Is that considered double jeapordy or something? I have never been convicted of anything and i am a 44 year old female. Help asap!!!

lwpat

Why didn't you wait until the last minute. I do sit here all day just waiting for someone to post.

They will probably offer to reduce or dismiss some of the unknown tickets in return for a guilty plea. You need to take cash since they do not accept checks. They may also offer traffic school and the tickets not be posted to your record. Normally this is something that you have to ask.

You do have the option of pleading not guilty and requesting a jury trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">