• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good Lawyer in Spotsylvania, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yukimika

What is the name of your state? VA

I am in need of a lawyer for my reckless driving (Speeding) ticket. The Ticket was in Spotsylvania, VA. I live in MD.

Any good recommendations, or people to avoid?

Thanks

HomeGuru

yukimika said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I am in need of a lawyer for my reckless driving (Speeding) ticket. The Ticket was in Spotsylvania, VA. I live in MD.

Any good recommendations, or people to avoid?

Thanks

**A: what is your previous driving record and do you have any other problems with the law?

yukimika

The most recent was a minor speeding ticket near emporia over four years ago. Other than that the last one was probably over six years ago.

No other problems with the law.

chouchane1

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. Reckless speeding (95/65) near spotsylvania VA. Did you find a lawyer, and have you been to court, what was the outcome. I would really appreciate your answers.
Thank you.

yukimika

court date in Feb. so I have some time. I am waiting for the letters from the lawyers to come in, and still asking around.
good luck and keep me updated.

chouchane1

Hey

Did you find a lawyer in spotsylvania. I intreviewed several lawyers. I don't know which one I will get. I am getting confusing information from them. Some of them told me that there should be a DA to deal with, other told me NO there's no DA and will have to deal will the judge only.
I had my speedometer checked (very accurate) I am taking driving classes and I am preparing letter of recommendations. will this help?

homillerlaw

Reckless Driving by Out of Stater

Several things for you or your attorney to do in a RD case:

1) Calibrate speedometer of your vehicle.
2) File discovery motion for any statements officer/trooper will allege you made.
3) Check calibration certificates of radar unit.
4) Attend or arrange to attend court-approved driver improvement class (if jurisdiction allows it)

In most Virginia juridictions, the Commonwealth's attorney will not be actively involved in the trial of the case, just the police officer. However, they are typically in the courtroom to make sure that all the elements of the offense are proven. For this reason, the Commonwealth's Attorney is typically available to negotiate with prior to the case going to trial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">