• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got 2 tickets for expired inspection recently purchased vehicle.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carguypa

State Pa Westmorland county
Hello I recently purchased a used vehicle and I was driving it to my garage that I am renting too check out some things and repair the exhaust too get it ready for inspection. On the way to my destination I got pulled over due to the expired sticker. Its been only 6 days since I purchased the vehicle. The Police gave me a written 10 day warning to get it inspected and show them. I did not put up a fight or anything because I was going to get it inspected the next day anyways. After going over the vehicle once I got it to the garage I found a few things that needed fixed so I went ahead ordered the parts to replace and repair a few things. Sadly by the time I would have the parts in and find the time to make the repairs the 10 day deadline would be up. So I called the police station and told the women on the phone my issue see said I had to talk too the officer who gave me the ticket witch would not be in till a few days after my ten days wee up so there was not anything they could do and she left me at that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
State Pa Westmorland county
Hello I recently purchased a used vehicle and I was driving it to my garage that I am renting too check out some things and repair the exhaust too get it ready for inspection. On the way to my destination I got pulled over due to the expired sticker. Its been only 6 days since I purchased the vehicle. The Police gave me a written 10 day warning to get it inspected and show them. I did not put up a fight or anything because I was going to get it inspected the next day anyways. After going over the vehicle once I got it to the garage I found a few things that needed fixed so I went ahead ordered the parts to replace and repair a few things. Sadly by the time I would have the parts in and find the time to make the repairs the 10 day deadline would be up. So I called the police station and told the women on the phone my issue see said I had to talk too the officer who gave me the ticket witch would not be in till a few days after my ten days wee up so there was not anything they could do and she left me at that.
You chose to drive a vehicle with an expired inspection sticker and got a ticket for it. You chose not to get the required inspection done in the allotted time.

Did you have a question?

Carguypa

Thanks for the reply I was just thinking that they should not been able to give me anything since I was still protected by the 10 day period after buying a vehicle.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for the reply I was just thinking that they should not been able to give me anything since I was still protected by the 10 day period after buying a vehicle.
You don't get to drive on expired tags during that 10 days. That 10 days is the period you have to have it transferred to your name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">