• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got caught with a suspeded licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dan linksys

I live in Ohio and just recetly i've been pulled over for the exhaust on my car being to loud. But when they ran my licence they found it had been suspended by a previous incounter. The cop did not tow my car and did not know what the price would be for this misdemeaner. He said i had to appear in court in a week and the judge would deside. I am looking for a concrete answere so ayone that can help me please do. What kind of violation is this? What exactly will be the fine for that? Will i have gail time?

Last edited:

Hey There

A start

What is the violation # and description?

What does your traffic ticket list as a date for a court appearance?

For driving with a suspended licence the website I checked assigns
6 points .
If you're caught driving while on suspension, =first-degree misdemeanor = $0 to $1,000 fine or six months in jail―or both. You may also lose your license for another year.(Source Ohio DMV Guide - DMV.ORG):eek:
Yellow pages in the phone book should have listings of
lawyers who will consult one time for no fee or a modest one and could supply you with your options depending on why your licence was suspended in the first place.

Good Luck.
Best Regards,
Hey There

Courts that hear traffic violations
County Court
Municipal Court
Mayor's Court
Which court are you to appear in?
Jury Trial is available if penalty exceeds $100 or possible jail time.
Must make written demand for jury trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">