• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got out of the ticket in Court... How did this happen??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RivMan

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Just figured I'd post as a follow-up to my question a while ago.

After postponing my court date 4 times (All done by the court house...) I finely got my day.

I show up hopeing that either the cop didn't show up (Wasen't counting on it), or that I would at least be able to talk my way into a non-moveing violation...

After arriving at court, I notice my officer sitting there, and sit down. I know he recognized me because he looked right at me when I walked in.

After hearing the first 10 cases or so, I wasen't feeling too good about trying to talk my way out of the ticket... The Magistrate wasen't giving anyone a break, and actuly increased the fine and added driving school to most people's judgement.

Then came my lucky break... The magistrate addresses my officer, and tells him that he has no cases for him today, and dismisses him. At this point I look over, and as the officer leaves, he looks right at me again.

The magistrate calles 3 more cases, and then calls me up. He tells me that my officer isn't present today, so he has to find me "Not Responsable", and lets me go!

The only thing I can think of is that one of my friends knew someone that worked in the courthouse, and talked to the magistrate for me... Anyone else have any other ideas how something like this could happen?

Thanks
-Rob

(Too lucky for my own good!)

K

Kaz the Minotau

Somehow I don't think one of your "friends" fixed things for you...if they did they need to be arrested. Just remember the "correct" party doesn't always win. Magistrates do strange things some times... :confused: :confused: :confused:

M

Mr.WiseNice Guy

too much thinking

I dont think he remebers you;
intimidation look.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">