• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a Speeding Ticket in Benton County!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elisagrace

I am residing in Benton County, and yesterday, I got a speeding ticket while driving a car without license. This is my first speeding ticket? I am so confused, What should I do to resolve this problem? My friend advised me to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to resolve this problem? Is it a worth decision for me?

Please Help!
Thanks in Advance!!

LdiJ

I am residing in Benton County, and yesterday, I got a speeding ticket while driving a car without license. This is my first speeding ticket? I am so confused, What should I do to resolve this problem? My friend advised me to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to resolve this problem? Is it a worth decision for me?

Please Help!
Thanks in Advance!!
Your more serious problem is the fact that you were driving without a license. That alone means you need an attorney. The speeding ticket is secondary.

FlyingRon

Do you want to tell us which state you are in? There are at least four different Benton Counties that I know of (possibly more). There's good reason why the forum inserts the question "What is the name of your state?" in each new thread.

Just Blue

Please Help!
Thanks in Advance!!
Are you unsure if this is your first ticket?? Is that why you are so confused??

elisagrace

Do you want to tell us which state you are in? There are at least four different Benton Counties that I know of (possibly more). There's good reason why the forum inserts the question "What is the name of your state?" in each new thread.

I am residing in Benton County, Kansas city area, Missouri.

quincy

To quote the advice you seem fond of giving to other posters, elisagrace: "You should take advice from an expert lawyer. He will guide you in better way than anyone else."

FlyingRon

Straight speeding (304.009) is an infraction. You pay the fine, get the points, deal with your insurance rates, and move on. Impact if you don't get any more is minimal.
Even excessive speeding is still an infraction three points (which by itself won't get you suspended) and a bigger fine.

If you were charged with the degree of care violation (305.012) or the like which is criminal, you definitely would need an attorney.

TigerD

Benton County, MO is hardly the KC area. It straddles the divide between Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake. Nice area, I used to own some property near there.

An attorney can help you resolve the ticket. If you have not ever completed driving school, you can request driving school to avoid the points. If the car or you didn't have a license, you have a different animal and you really should talk to an attorney. Although, Clinton is a bit of a drive from Warsaw, there is a larger selection of attorneys in Clinton.

TD

elisagrace

Hi

Thank you everyone for the suggestion. I think, Attorney is the only person, who can help me to resolve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">