• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Speeding Ticket, But Make Of Car is Wrong!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xixraw79xix

Got Speeding Ticket, But Make Of Car On Ticket is Wrong!!

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ (New Jersey), i just recently received a speeding ticket down at Rt 17, and my court date is 5/5/05.. i recently got letter in the mail that i didnt appear on court, but like i said the ticket says May 5, 2005, which is this thursday, but that is not my problem. The police officer that issued the ticket to me had written everything correctly, except for the Make of Vehicle, he put Mitsubishi Evolution, but my car is really a Lancer.. the Evolution is a totally different car, would i be able to get my case dismissed because of the officer's stupidity...All he had to do was look into the vehicle registration which said Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.
Another thing, at the time i got the ticket i was basically going with the flow of traffic because i didnt see the speed limit, i was going the same speed of two other vehicles, actually one was going a little faster than i was next to me when i got the ticket... but since i have a yellow car and my car looks sporty and fast, i was the one that got pulled over... i dont think that was fair, would i be able to use that reason to defend my case?? they got me for 67mph on a 50mph zone... should i just pay the high fine and ask for plea bargain to take the points out?? the fine is $105...thanks...

Last edited:

JETX

xixraw79xix said:
The police officer that issued the ticket to me had written everything correctly, except for the Make of Vehicle, he put Mitsubishi Evolution, but my car is really a Lancer.. the Evolution is a totally different car, would i be able to get my case dismissed because of the officer's stupidity.
1) No.
2) The officer isn't expected to know every make and model of car out there.... so his not knowing is NOT stupid. Expecting him to know.... is.

i dont think that was fair, would i be able to use that reason to defend my case??
By all means. Tell the court that you were speeding but so was everyone else. Naturally, the court will factor that into their decision.

they got me for 67mph on a 50mph zone... should i just pay the high fine and ask for plea bargain to take the points out?? the fine is $105...thanks...
Nah.... the officers not knowing your model, and the fact you were 'picked on' is sufficient to justify your not even showing up on the date ordered. That will teach them!!!

You Are Guilty

I just want to point out that the "stupid" cop actually got the make correct. It's a Mitsu Lancer Evolution, not a "Mitsubishi Evolution".
http://www.mitsucars.com/lancerevolution/

Anyway, I think your best bet for a defense is that your piece of junk, non-evo model Lancer is too crappy to go 67mph (maybe down a hill with a tailwind). I bet the Judge will not have heard that excuse before!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">