• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a ticket from an EX-State Trooper!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NotEvenADime

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Yesterday the door bell rang and a State Tropper was standing on the porch. He asked who drives the Saturn that is sitting out front our house? I said my son and he said that he needed to speak to him right away.
I went and got my son who is 18. The trooper starts asking him questions like where he was Friday morning, what road he traveled on, etc....my son said Friday morning he went to school. The tropper asked if he travels I-83 to get there and my son said yes. He said that my son was behind an ex-state trooper who is 77 years old and the ex-trooper said that my son at the base of the on ramp went around him and crossed over to the passing lane and "almost" caused an accident....he wanted my son to get a ticket for that and so the trooper was there to question my son. I said, how could the "ex" trooper clearly see that when he was in FRONT of my son? Also, if you are retired, then you are retired and just because he is an ex-trooper doesn't give him the right to say who should get a ticket and who shouldn't!!
The trooper said that he was only following up the complaint BECAUSE it came from and ex-trooper! How is that fair. Isn't all of this hearsay??
Since when is crossing 2 lanes against the law if no one is coming?
My son said that the "ex" trooper sped up and got beside him and was waving his hands and displaying road rage gestures!

We are going to fight this citation. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions??

NotEvenADime

...my son at the base of the on ramp went around him and crossed over to the passing lane and "almost" caused an accident
I see you cannot read....the quote says that the ex-trooper said my son at the base of the on ramp went around him and crossed over to the passing lane and "almost" caused an accident....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

CdwJava

It's not hearsay when the ex-trooper comes to court and testifies. So, when Junior goes to traffic court, he will make his statement as to his actions, the ex trooper will make his statement, and the court will decide.

So, what code section was cited by the trooper? What was your son cited for doing?

Also, note, that the most dangerous driving age group is 16-19 year olds ... they are 5 times as likely to be involved in a serious injury or fatal collision than any other age band and traffic collisions are the single greatest cause of death for minors in that age range. So, if the ex trooper is reasonably articulate and can articulate the elements of the offense charged, one guess as which direction the court will go ...

- Carl

NotEvenADime

It's not hearsay when the ex-trooper comes to court and testifies. So, when Junior goes to traffic court, he will make his statement as to his actions, the ex trooper will make his statement, and the court will decide.

So, what code section was cited by the trooper? What was your son cited for doing?

Also, note, that the most dangerous driving age group is 16-19 year olds ... they are 5 times as likely to be involved in a serious injury or fatal collision than any other age band and traffic collisions are the single greatest cause of death for minors in that age range. So, if the ex trooper is reasonably articulate and can articulate the elements of the offense charged, one guess as which direction the court will go ...

- Carl
The citation says, "Disregard Traffic Lane (single)"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">