• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got a ticket for not having inflatable boat registered.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meisjedog

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I bought a 10 foot inflatable kayak at a local sporting goods store in Columbus, Ohio. I took it to test it out at a local state park and got a ticket for not having it registered(15 feet from the shore).

Should the store have told me I needed to register it or was it my own stupidity?

They sell regular canoes and kayaks so I assume they know what needs to be registered.

I looked on the OHDNR website about registration before I took it out but confused getting a title, which I do not need ,with registration, which was at the bottom of the page. I stopped reading after it told me I did not need a title, I assumed things could not be registered without a title, guess I do now.

I assume my ticket will be under $100, hopefully.

thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse or a defense. The same thing happened to me when I bought my inflatable doll.

Thanks for writing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">