• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a Ticket in TX -- Living now in NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bq0101

Hi, I got a speeding ticket in TX about 3-4 yrs ago. I paid that ticket in installments in full. I moved to Las Vegas NV about 2 yrs ago. I just recently received a letter from the Texas Department of Public Safety stating that I have a Conviction Surcharge Notice -- Driver Responsibility Program. Turns out that that ticket that I paid in TX is being surcharged twice; so according to them I owe my ticket amount twice and that my driving privilage has been suspended since 9/19/08 (in TX). I printed out my Nevada DMV Report on 9/26/08 but it is clear, there is no suspension or anything. Can someone let me know what to do?? Or should I just ignore?? Thanks!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

moburkes

Hi, I got a speeding ticket in TX about 3-4 yrs ago. I paid that ticket in installments in full. I moved to Las Vegas NV about 2 yrs ago. I just recently received a letter from the Texas Department of Public Safety stating that I have a Conviction Surcharge Notice -- Driver Responsibility Program. Turns out that that ticket that I paid in TX is being surcharged twice; so according to them I owe my ticket amount twice and that my driving privilage has been suspended since 9/19/08 (in TX). I printed out my Nevada DMV Report on 9/26/08 but it is clear, there is no suspension or anything. Can someone let me know what to do?? Or should I just ignore?? Thanks!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Dony ignore it unless you want you NV license to end up sispended. Locate proof of payment and get it to the correct dept.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">