• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got two tickets and havent even finished the first one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbweism@comcast

I live in the state of Maryland. I got a traffic ticket a while ago actually in November last year where I was going 91 in a 65 which is 5 points, I was on the highway and a 290 dollar fine, yes no excuse, I understand completely my fault not sayin anything. I went to court pleaded guilty and Ive never gotten a ticket before in my life. Im 19 btw.. but the judge pretty much tore me apart and gave me driving school which I go to on March the 6th. They said they would consider dropping the points to 2 and reducing the fine, well then today I got another one I cant believe it. I dont know how I did because I was doing the speed limit. I was going down a very steep hill two cars in front of me one behind me, all bumper to bumper. Well the cop pulled out after the car behind me went by and then followed the line of cars down another hill and stopped at the light I turned left he followed me and pulled me over saying I was going 17 over 57 in a 40. He gave me a 2 point fine with 90 dollars. Idk what to do now because I havent even gone back for the other ticket. After I got to driving school my new ticket date is april the 11th, but now I got this one. They are in two different counties btw, my major concern is can the first judge see this new ticket before they even officially sentence me for that one. Im worried because then they will deffinelty give me the 5 points and what should I do with the new ticket. I really think to plead not guilty because I explained to the cop and he basically said to bad Im sorry but I already wrote it up... but I didnt even think I was going that fast I dont see how. I just dont know what to do please help thanks..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

csi7

You will have to go to court with your information, photographs of the area, and talk with the judge.

davidmcbeth3

The first judge may see you new conviction if you plead guilty.

Do you wish to defend yourself on the new ticket? Or just pay it & you wish to know the end result ..

mbweism@comcast

Well my main hope was to defend myself on the new ticket because I feel it was unjust. Im very cautious of my speed now and I saw my speed mid way down the hill it was only like 45 at best not some 57 like he said and there were 2 cars in front of me and one a lil farther behind me at this point. Thats where he said he got the mark at to was when I was going down the hill not to mention he took this with radar and that bounces off everything. He was also sitting a good probably more then 1000 ft away now that I think about it he was way up the road on the other hill. Yes I do wish to fight it and Im really worried the other judge will see but I plan to plead not guilty to the new one. I just cant have the old judge see this new one.

mbweism@comcast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a question to go with my earlier post but I live in the state of Maryland and I got two tickets within like a 5 month period. However the one I havent finished going to court for so If I got a new ticket but havent gone to court for either, can the first ticket when I go to court see the second ticket on my record or will it not show up because I havent technically been convicted for it... thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mbweism@comcast

Thanks well I plan to for te second ticket and I still am interested if the judge can see my new ticket and in maryland its 8 points to lose license so i wont be that far yet but I know it says under your thing your an insurence claims adjuster how bad ya think itll hurt my insurence if I get the two points 5 or all 7 just curious or if ill have any after that :(

mbweism@comcast

I mean I appreciate the endless and useful advice from the previous two posters but all I was asking was if the older judge could see the new ticket and any advice thats it. I dont need to be patronized by two fools who get their rocks off posting ignorent comments on a thread thats just asking about advice because thats what this site is for is it not. I mean yeah I know what i did was stupid and never said it wasnt but not needing to be patronized by two clowns in their 40s sitting on the computer stairing at a screen all day and posting rude comments because its uncalled for. If there is any sort of moderation on this site I suggest you remove that because I find it offensive. SO if anyone does have any advice to give then so be it but nothing else ignorent because I do not care for that what so ever.

mbweism@comcast

And not that it makes much of a difference and it really doesnt but to clear up the first fool that posted something in here to be exact ive been driving for 3 years so before you try to post an insult get your facts right because otherwise you sound like an idiot. As well to clear the other part up we were bumper to bumper and when I have a car on my bumper there isnt really a whole lot of places to move is there... I mean I suppose I could slow down to zero but at that point I was going 35 I mean not a whole lot I can slow down is it I mean if anything you wanna be wise about it then the guy behind me should have gotten a ticket for tail gating so yet again you sound like an idiot.

asiny

First, to answer your question;
my major concern is can the first judge see this new ticket before they even officially sentence me for that one.
Depends on the court. It is probable that the counties don't share issued ticket information- as, legally, you are not guilty until found/pleading guilty.
I really think to plead not guilty because I explained to the cop and he basically said to bad Im sorry but I already wrote it up...
What did you explain to the cop? If it was a 'hard-luck' story of your 1st ticket- don't bother.. as others have advised, get an attorney.
Also the cop apologised is irrelevant in court.
They said they would consider dropping the points to 2 and reducing the fine, well then today I got another one I cant believe it. I dont know how I did because I was doing the speed limit...
....I turned left he followed me and pulled me over saying I was going 17 over 57 in a 40.
Just to clarify, you were doing the speed limit in a 40 MPH zone but the officer 'claims' he clocked you at 57?
Im very cautious of my speed now and I saw my speed mid way down the hill it was only like 45 at best not some 57 like he said...
So now you were doing 'like' 45- which would still be speeding in a 40 and a ticket?
I mean I suppose I could slow down to zero but at that point I was going 35
And now you were actually driving 35- which would be below the 40 speed limit?
At this point, your 'story' has changed 3 times. If you are not recalling your story on a website- where you have the story printed in front of you- what makes you think you really know that you were NOT speeding and were NOT doing 57? And can convince a court of the same?
..and there were 2 cars in front of me and one a lil farther behind me at this point.
So you were tailgating the car in front, and the car behind was 'farther' behind?
I was going down a very steep hill two cars in front of me one behind me, all bumper to bumper....
Now everyone was bumper-to-bumper?
As well to clear the other part up we were bumper to bumper and when I have a car on my bumper there isnt really a whole lot of places to move is there...
Yes. It's called slow down, forcing the car behind you to slow-down, back off, or overtake you.

mbweism@comcast

Ok to make my self clear, as I was explaining when I was at the top of the hill when the officer said "he clocked me with his radar gun" I had looked at my speedometer and I saw him I was going 40 because id known a cop had been sitting in that same spot a few days in a row and I meant that from cruising down the hill the most I could have hit was 45 its not a big hill I had my foot off the gas lol trust me its really a tiny hill, but as you said that is still speeding by law I understand that, however it is not 57 like he told me. Also to make myself clear as you said I "changed my story" I didnt I meant when I went past the officer after going down the hill and going by where he was sitting I was going 35. Another point everyone keeps saying we were "tailgaitng" just because I said we were bumper to bumper doesnt mean we were tailgaiting thats my fault Im sorry it was a poor choice of words. I meant it in the sense yes we were close but no we were not tailgaiting each other we were as close as any normal cars would be driving around in a line on a single lane road, about a cars length and a half apart or so I guess. If we had been "tailgaiting" then the cop would have added that onto the ticket would he not? so lets end that conversation now because we were not and you have a good point about slowing down when the other car was close to me. Im also making it clear though that from the distance each car was from each other there was no way I was going 57 or could have hit 57 in between all these vehicles that is completely and utterly impossible. If you say im wrong Ill hold you to try it yourself youll rear end someone. Im a physics major and its really simple math you cant hit that kinda of velocity in the distance we were from each other and maintain not hitting each other because the cars in front of me were all doing the same speed at 40 miles per hour give or take when we were at the top of the hill or went past the cop and had all slowed down. So before someone makes another uneducated comment about that lets end it there... Sometimes I dont believe people think.. not sayin Im right all the time, obviously not thats why im on here asking for help, but most of man kind does not... Thank you too the above poster who mention about the courts and the documents that was one major thing I had a question about and thank you for the answer, Im also going to get a lawyer and take that route.. I think its probably best. Not to mention I figure if the old judge asks have I gotten another speeding ticket Im just going to say ive had no more speeding convictions ad that kind of covers my basis because Im pleading not guilty and as said your innocent until proven guilty.

mbweism@comcast

However to make another point to the above poster you literally read way into everything I posted and kinda picked it apart at points that made no sense so kudos to you for being able to read and take sentences out of context im proud of you.... :/ no where did I say we went from this to that or that to this I just meant what I was saying in a chronological order of events we were all close to each other when we were on the hill and later the other car had fallen slightly not a lot but a little farther behind me hence what I had said. just because of what I said there does not mean I was tailgaiting anyone so thank you for your wonderfully thought out comment that really has no meaning to go off of. Thank you

asiny

However to make another point to the above poster you literally read way into everything I posted and kinda picked it apart at points that made no sense so kudos to you for being able to read and take sentences out of context im proud of you.... :/ no where did I say we went from this to that or that to this I just meant what I was saying in a chronological order of events we were all close to each other when we were on the hill and later the other car had fallen slightly not a lot but a little farther behind me hence what I had said. just because of what I said there does not mean I was tailgaiting anyone so thank you for your wonderfully thought out comment that really has no meaning to go off of. Thank you
If you think what I did was bad- just wait until a prosecuting attorney hears your story.. they would do the same thing.
Im also going to get a lawyer and take that route.. I think its probably best.
The best comment you have made, in this entire thread.
Im a physics major and its really simple math you...
Do yourself a favour. Don't attempt to look smart- you were clocked and convicted of speeding once, and have been clocked speeding again. Not the smartest thing to do.
I meant that from cruising down the hill the most I could have hit was 45 its not a big hill I had my foot off the gas lol trust me its really a tiny hill...
I was going down a very steep hill...
Which is it again? Trust is something that people who are believable have... you, and your story, have neither.

At this point you are seeking an attorney to help in this matter- it becomes their job to 1) make sense of your story (try to stay to one and stick to it) and 2) make it (and you) believable.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">