• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green copy of the ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr75mhz

What is the name of your state? California

My other question is: When police have you sign your ticket, they keep the White copy (on top) and the Green copy (middle), and give me the Yellow copy (on bottom). Last night, I was given both the Green and Yellow copy. Will that affect anything in court, or even somehow prevent it from going to the courts?

Who is the green copy usually for?

Is there anyway of getting out of the ticket because they don't have the green copy?

Kudos to the person who knows these. Thanks in advance.

- Kyle
---------------------------------

If anyone ever needs to know any of the laws about Neon lighthing on their car for California, PM me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll rephrase MLane's advice just a bit...

Just DEAL WITH the ticket, whether you decide to pay or fight is up to you. What you have described will not get you out of that responsibility.

VeronicaLodge

wow you must get a lot of tickets to know that. i've had 2 tickets in my whole life and i have no idea what color i get or they get or how many copies there are! lol

CdwJava

Nah - the court only needs one copy.

If you got both, then I guess you can frame one. Usually one copy stays with the agency and one goes to the court. If they don't have a second copy, I'm sure the police agency will have a copy machine they can use to send the court a copy of the citation.

No, this will do nothing to get you out of the citation.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">