• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GS 20-141(m)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Betty19567

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I recently received a GS 20-141(m) after being caught up in an accident on the freeway. My citation tells me how much the fine is, but not the points. Can anyone tell me how points this type citation carries and can I appeal, as the accident was not my fault, and I was actually avoiding a more serious outcome?

FlyingRon

Looks like a two pointer as far as suspension points are concerned, a one pointer for insurance points. You don't "appeal" you go to court on it to be tried.

Obviously the officer thought that you caused/contributed the accident because of your speed. Since you've not explained that, we can't tell you what your chances are.

I wouldn't blow a PJC on this one anyhow. I'd take the points and fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">