• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hands-free ticket - Appear in Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pkillahmillah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CALIFORNIA

They got me! Nailed with the cell-phone ticket and I'm not sure what to do. Is there any benefit for appearing in court, or should I just pay the bail? I can't find the info anywhere, but maybe if you appear it won't be as expensive as the bail?

Any thoughts?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CALIFORNIA

They got me! Nailed with the cell-phone ticket and I'm not sure what to do. Is there any benefit for appearing in court, or should I just pay the bail? I can't find the info anywhere, but maybe if you appear it won't be as expensive as the bail?

Any thoughts?
Pay the ticket and be done with it. Buy a bluetooth;)

Jim_bo

Well... it depends on your circumstances. Were you in the middle of an emergency? Was your house on fire, or were you giving birth? If so, you are within the law.

It also matters what you were driving? Were you driving a school bus containing dozens of school-aged children with no headrests and no seat belts?? If so, you are scott free!! However, if you were driving a car that is much more agile than a school bus and has headrests, airbags, antilock brakes, excellent visibility, etc... then you were a menace to society and will be fined accordingly.

***please note the sarcasm in above post***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">