• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have suspended lic but got ticket for disobey stop light.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sasulkey

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN
I got a 2nd DUI and had a suspended lic. because of it for a year with six months to go. I dorve down a street and got pulled over for blowing an amber light. The ticket says "disobey traffc signal (amber)" I gave him my state ID not my drivers lic. and after he wrote the ticket he even asked me if I had a valad drivers lic. I told him no and he said then the other person in the car had to drive and he left.
I have a few questions on this one. First, Did I just get really lucky on this one but not getting arested on the spot or is there something fishy here like he really didnt care and I really dont have to pay it? I dont think that is the case but oh well even tho I dont think I really did it anyway.
I need to find out if this will go on my drivers record if I pay it but if I fight it will I get into more trouble for not haveing a drivers lic. anyway? I cant afford not to get my lic. back in 6 months when I get my lic. review for the DUI. Sooo, am I just screwed or is there an easy way out of this? I guess its not the money but it is the points/record.
Please help I have 21 days to figure this out.

racer72

The cop knew the ticket for the traffic infraction was going to be enough to screw up your driving priveliges already.

S

sasulkey

is there any way out?

Yea but is there any leagal thing to not haveing a lic. and giving a ticket. The number on a state ID is different from a operators lic. Is there anything about that that I can fight? Should i get a lawer and fight it or just pay it and prob. not have a lic. for a few more years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">