• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Headlights violation CVC 24250

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

san1305

While driving home on CA, I was pulled over and cited CVC 24250 for not turning ON my headlights during night time. I had just come out from CAR wash & the cop caught me.
I was given 3 options - 1) to appear in Court 2) to pay the Fine 3) to take lessons from Driving school ? I would like to know how much would be fine I would require to shell & how much will it affect my insurance ? What is the cheap & best solution to come out of this mess , as this is my 1st ticket.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,
San

CourtClerk

How you deal with the ticket is up to you, but I will say this, the law doesn't say you can operate your car in periods of darkness without your headlights if you just came out of the CAR WASH, it says you may not operate your car during periods of darkness without your headlights.... period.

It's going to cost you round about $150 for the fine. Add $39 if you want to go to traffic school to take the point off of your record.

If you just pay the fine, your insurance will go up.

If you fight the ticket and lose, traffic school is off of the table, the point is on your record and your insurance will go up.

If you go to traffic school, the ticket is essentially dismissed, your insurance company is none the wiser and it's like the whole thing never happened.

However, you may not attend traffic school and have a violation dismissed more than once in an 18 month period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">