• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LGrehan_4

I was pulled over for going 73 mph in a 55 mph zone, I'm 18 and have a a clean record. what will happen? will I be fined or get my license suspended?

Just Blue

I was pulled over for going 73 mph in a 55 mph zone, I'm 18 and have a a clean record. what will happen? will I be fined or get my license suspended?
You will have to pay the fine...You might lose your license. You will have to pay HUGE $$ for insurance. When did you get your license? :confused:

EDIT TO ADD: What United State are you in?

Last edited:

ivanl3

my advice...Show up early at your court date. Ask to speak with prosecutor. Explain why you don't believe the 73MPH accusation is accurate. Decent chance, IMO, he will be willing to reduce the charge to a lower about in change for a guilty plea. If that does not work, go in front of the judge and plead not guilty and request a public defender be provided to you due to b/c you are indigent.

adjusterjack

my advice...Show up early at your court date. Ask to speak with prosecutor. Explain why you don't believe the 73MPH accusation is accurate. Decent chance, IMO, he will be willing to reduce the charge to a lower about in change for a guilty plea. If that does not work, go in front of the judge and plead not guilty and request a public defender be provided to you due to b/c you are indigent.
You must have that pre-typed.

Better change the last part as I doubt that traffic tickets qualify for a public defender since there is no jail time involved.

quincy

You must have that pre-typed.

Better change the last part as I doubt that traffic tickets qualify for a public defender since there is no jail time involved.
First, LGrehan_4 never provided the name of his state. Second, speeding tickets can come with the possibility of jail time - depending on the facts (one fact being the name of the state).

FlyingRon

Yep, all the advice is meaningless without knowing what the state is. There may not even a prosecutor in some states. In some situations, you're not even going to court if you want to fight the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">