• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! with cop "pacing" me, and speeding ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JonJonx24x

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hello. My name is Jon.. 22 yrs old. 2002 Explorer Sport. I was driving, and this cop pulls up next to me - looks over, slams on his brakes, and then pulls me over!!
He comes up to me, and says "You know, I tried to help you out, and you just looked over at me and then kept on going on and you didnt care" he said i was was supposedly going "47" which may or may have not been true. But theres no way for him to prove it at all. He was pacing me next to me, he said i was going 47 in a 30. and he knocked it down to a 39 in a 30. 1 point and 60$ fine. I will be going back to note of the speed limit.
I m going to at least post pone it once or twice hoping he doesnt show up.
1) Is this a good method?
2) If he does come, a)"Guilty with explanation"? b) inform him i havent had a ticket nor a accident in 3 years, and ask for it to be reduced to an infraction instead of a moving violation?3) Any other tips any one can give me to help me out?? lol thanks everyoneI have learned from another forum to not bull**** with the judge. I was actually on my way to take medicine for post back surgery stuff.. but to not mention medicine for it wont look good that im driving with that stuff in me to begin with.
Jon

I have done some research about trying to avoid fines, points ect. Your problem is a little unique in that the cop supposedly did not use radar. At such point you could, if so inclined, plead down to improper equipment. I determined not to plead, you could ask for discovery. In other words, write the police station for information as to if the radar was calibrated at the beginning of the shift, if the officer is certified in radar, how was it calibrated and a list of all radar equipment the office uses.

One thing is, if they fail to give you such "evidence" within a reasonble time, the case can literally get dismissed.

Also you may want to write the prosecutor and ask for discovery so that you can know what evidence they plan to use against you. You can get specifics on what to ask for by researching websites that go into more detail, again, failure of them to give you this info in a timely manner can give you grounds to ask for a dismissal. I would ask for this info as soon as possible to see just how strong their case may or may not be.

New Beating a Ticket Strategy

I have done some more research. And according to the person @beatmyspeedingticket.com, you should never tip the prosecution as to what documents you would like to see as that will tell them that you are planning to fight the ticket and they may have to pay special attention to your case.

You can get a free ebook and or pay for a Case Dismissed ebook. The information so far is cool. I did not believe him until I read further as to why you should not contact the prosectution before trial. This is a must read for those who have current ticket or for future reference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">