• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! First speeding ticket I need to appeal it!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdymek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
OK, so I got my very first speeding citation. I was passing someone and according to the cop I was going 83. Which I think is ridiculous there is no way I was going that fast. He said he reduced it to 75 in a 65mph zone. There are also a bunch of inconsistencies on my ticket.

1. There is no price as to how much the fine is when it clearly states in red bold caps "NOTICE TO OFFICER ENTER ASSESMENT $ AND TOTAL DUE $ IF YOU CHECK ALL CIVIL INFRACTIONS (which is checked)
2. He did not have me sign the ticket and it is clearly state in MA General Laws
3. In the spot where you write date of offense he put a squigle line thing
4.I was driving my father's Chevy Malibu, I have to find out the year but he wrote '05 (which is wrong) Chevy Classic
5. He checked 90/17 which in the MA General Law states that I had to have been going 83 mph for 1/4 mile which I have absolutely 100% no doubt did not happen because I started to pass someone, never even got around them and if I did it wouldn't take a quarter of a mile.
6. Location of offense he wrote what looks like a 14 290 EB Northboro
Northborough is spelled wrong and I don't know if he meant exit 14 which is very wrong because it was between exit 23-25

I think I have a good case against him especially because it's my first ticket and I never ever speed. Any advice on if these inconsistancies will help me out? Thanks a bunch

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">