• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP I got a ticket for failure to transfer title, I could get 90 days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajlkl5

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I got a ticket to transfer title (of an automobile) that carries a 90 days in jail/$500 fine, I was denied a court appointed lawyer, I couldn't transfer the title because of a lien that was on the title when I bought it, and I was unable to contact the seller to get the lein taken off the title. My car had broken down and I took the vehicle to drop my son off at school. I also got a ticket for improper plate, which I paid. Doing anytime in jail will kill me financially. Please help with any advice.

Thank you.
ajlkl5What is the name of your state?

sukharev

Well, do your best to fix the issue, then talk to DA (you don't have to have an attorney to do so). If you manage to fix everything (have proper title, and plates), then chances are they will let you go, just pay up. If your court date is too soon, ask the court clerk how to re-schedule (likely you need to send a letter requesting continuance, with explanation of good reason, and fixing the title may qualify). Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">