• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me!!! 19 yr old got ticket near atl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Riceboy891

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am 19 years old and i got a ticket the other day for 82 in a 55 (27 over). I need to know what i can do to be sure i keep my license( my school and job depend on it) Can i use nolo? Will nolo even help? Any advice is extremely appreciated.

You Are Guilty

Riceboy891 said:
Anyone have any info?
I don't suppose you ever considered hiring a lawyer who specializes in these sort of things if keeping your license is so important to you? (I won't even bother asking why you were speeding if your license is so "precious").

reamann

It sounds like you got what you deserved. You could talk to a lawyer about ways to keep your license, but it doesn't sounds like you are getting out of the ticket.

nolo is just another way of saying you are guilty.

You really need a lawyer to save you money in the long run, the judge will probably not have much sympathy.

Riceboy891

I dont need to get out of the ticket, i was speeding and i know it, I just heard that if you plead nolo then you still have to pay the fine and your insurance goes up, but no points go on your license so i woudnt lose it. I just have heard this a few times and was wondering if it really works like that. I know that there is no way i am getting out of this because i was speeding and he got me straight up.

lwpat

Georgia speeding ticket

A nolo plea will not work unless they agree to reduce the speed. Under 21 and over 24mph your license is automatically suspended in Georgia.

A lot depends on your previous record, what was said at the stop, and the particular court. Without more information it is impossible to coment. My advice would be to use the find an attorney link on this site. It will be cheaper in the long run. Only if no one is listed in your area send me an email and I can provide some more resources.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">