• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gtidragster

Hello im from ny this morning i was driving on the i684 where sum one started to tail gate me so i sped up when a state trooper pulled me over doin 85 in a 55 i was to scared to tell the cop what had happened so he gave me the ticket..im worried a about my liesene getting suspended b/c im only 17 what should i do in court HELP pleaz

keith.e

Take defensive driving if you can -- your parents will find out about the ticket no matter what, unless you are the one who gets the mail every day (defensive driving schools will flood your mailbox). I was stopped for doing 25mph over the speed limit when I was your age, and going to defensive driving saved me tons of money.

As for tailgating, for future reference you can't use that as an excuse for going excessive speeds. If somebody is tailgating you, either try and safely switch lanes, or continue going at your normal speed. It's tough, but don't let crappy drivers drag you into the mud.

I don't know how it is in NJ, but here in TX, defensive driving basically wipes away your offense and makes it so your insurance payments won't increase.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">