• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With Points!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canyouhandlelif

hey i live in NJ and have a pretty bad driving record.. i previously had 8 points a year ago november.. which is long past a year ago but never had any points deducted in court. i just got pulled over doing 86 in a 50.. i know im a moron, and from looking online thats a 5 point ticket, which would make me up to 13 points. but since i went a year with no moving violations i should have 3 points deducted right? so that would make me at 10 points? when does NJ take your liscense at 12 points? and my last question is how would i go about getting that bumped down in court, to say maybe a 2 pointer? or 3? i really cant afford to lose my liscense

thanks so much in advance (this is starting to make me worry)

lwpat

i really cant afford to lose my liscense
Then you need to drive the speed limit.

NJ has a deferment that costs you an extra $250 but there are no points. Talk to the clerk of court to see if this is an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">