• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help on speed limit sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ex accord ex

im in west palm beach,florida and i got a ticket today and a couple of my friends have been telln me that the law on speed limit signs is that from the ground to the bottom of the sign have to be 6ft or higher on any road i was wondering if this is true can anyone help me out b/c i dont want to pay $100 ticket and $35 for driving class which is now an 8hr class instead of 4hrs i think..if possible respond (asap)

R

RedneckRoy

I ain't got no answer for ya, but I am curious. Just how high off the ground was the speed limit sign?

racer72

My question to you is, why would the state intentionally install a sign in violation of a state law if it was known that it could be a cause to have citatations dismissed? Someone is feeding you a line of bull, if that is your only defense, you do not have one.

HomeGuru

ex accord ex said:
im in west palm beach,florida and i got a ticket today and a couple of my friends have been telln me that the law on speed limit signs is that from the ground to the bottom of the sign have to be 6ft or higher on any road i was wondering if this is true can anyone help me out b/c i dont want to pay $100 ticket and $35 for driving class which is now an 8hr class instead of 4hrs i think..if possible respond (asap)
My response: what was the posted speed limit and what was the speed noted on your ticket?

N

nycitie

well what about going back to the exact spot and taking lots of pictures?

did you see the speed sign? was it blocked by a tree a truck or a bush? was it on a curve?

pictures will tell if you might have defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">