• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help - Speeding Ticket for doing 33 above limit of 70

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garesident

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I hold Illinois license and was pulled over on I-16 near Treulton County before exit 71 for driving at 103 in a 70 m/h zone.

The officer was coming on the other side of the road and he took a U turn on the high way to pull me over. He said that I was doing 103 m/h and issued a ticket.

This is my first speeding ticket and learned a lesson with this one.

My court date is in July.

My questions.

1. How much will be the fine?
2. Can the police officer detect the speed while he is driving on the other side
of the road and come back after me?
3. Is it possible to negotiate with the DA for a lower fine / no points?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Curt581

garesident said:
1. How much will be the fine?
If it doesn't say on the citation, you'll have to wait and find out in court.
2. Can the police officer detect the speed while he is driving on the other side of the road and come back after me?
Yes. It's called moving radar.
3. Is it possible to negotiate with the DA for a lower fine / no points?
Yes, it's possible. At 103 mph, the likelyhood of getting zero points is about the same as winning the lottery.

Never hurts to try, though.

llansakara

If you pay whatever fine is required and settle the ticket in court, there might be a slim chance the state of Georgia wont report it to IL.

lwpat

If you pay whatever fine is required and settle the ticket in court, there might be a slim chance the state of Georgia wont report it to IL.
Not correct according to the Georgia DMV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">