• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help urgently needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tez

What is the name of your state? florida

i own a holiday home in florida, we are from the UK. Although we have bought a business, i legally cannot work because i do not have the proper visa yet.

i am here at the moment with my family on the visa waiver program.

i went in august last year to the driving license place to get my driving license. I was told by the lady there that i didn't need one because i was on the visa waiver.

on april 1st this year, i did what they call a rolling stop. Not actually stopping but slowing down. i was stopped.

i received a citation stating that "i failed to obtain a florida driver license within 30 days of employment" i explained to the officer that i was not employed.

i went down to the license center took my theory test - passed and booked my driving test. which the earliest is June 15th. i phoned the court to explain and they have said that i still have to appear.

my court date is may 4th and i am extremley worried that i am going to get either chucked out of the US or something as just as bad.

is there any advice that you could give me i would be extremley greatful

elaine

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">