• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring an attorney for a traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Driver65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?California

I live in San Francisco Bay Area. I was coming home from Oregon. Close to Redding, a CHP officer pulled me over and cited me for going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone 22349 (a). I have a clean driving record. Should I hire an attorney? When I search the net, there are several of them. Can you recommend one?

Thanks

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?California

I live in San Francisco Bay Area. I was coming home from Oregon. Close to Redding, a CHP officer pulled me over and cited me for going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone 22349 (a). I have a clean driving record. Should I hire an attorney? When I search the net, there are several of them. Can you recommend one?

Thanks
we don't do attorney recomendations here. there's a link on the right side of your screen for that.

i'll be honest, i really believe attorney's are more for keeping out of jail, then for plain traffic tickets. but that's just me.

Jim_bo

Typically, an attorney will charge you $1500 and not do much for you. If they get your fine reduced b y $200, they'll break their arms patting themselves on the back and tell you what a good job they did for you. For a traffic ticket, an attorney is a sucker's bet in my opinion. With a little research, you can probably do a better job representing yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">