• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run..kinda

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kattoon29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I hit a car while backing out a parking lot. The driver was not in the car. I have a permit and was in the car with my sister so I left so she can get her ID and call my mom for the insurance info and came back to give the info to the lady who was now out there. So I got charged with leaving the scene even though I came back. I was wondering what will most likely happen when I go to court. I willingly came back.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I hit a car while backing out a parking lot. The driver was not in the car. I have a permit and was in the car with my sister so I left so she can get her ID and call my mom for the insurance info and came back to give the info to the lady who was now out there. So I got charged with leaving the scene even though I came back. I was wondering what will most likely happen when I go to court. I willingly came back.
I don't know, but you are supposed to have the insurance info IN the car and your sister is supposed to have her id WITH her. Without being ready to drive legally, you got nailed: no surprise at all.

kattoon29

Yeah it wasn't until the police pulled up and we franticcly searched that we realized my mother did put the info in the car. One officer laughed that I left and came back. While the other one wjust shook his head and was like " I have to give you this other ticket regardless. I just hope this is more of a fine then a criminal mark on my record. It would be my first one if it is.

Banned_Princess

Yeah it wasn't until the police pulled up and we franticcly searched that we realized my mother did put the info in the car. One officer laughed that I left and came back. While the other one wjust shook his head and was like " I have to give you this other ticket regardless. I just hope this is more of a fine then a criminal mark on my record. It would be my first one if it is.
Nobody can tell you what your fine might be.

you can probably expect 1,000+ if its lower, you win.

this will definitely go on your driving record at least.

did they give you a court date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">