• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run or not....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drell

What is the name of your state? NC

My husband drives a bread truck.. so he is on the road all the time.
It seems the other day while making a delivery he scraped the side of this ladies car. He had no idea he thought he had hit a pole as it was very close to the truck. There was only one wittness. And they both got out and checked all around to make sure he didn't hit anything and both agreed he didn't. So hubby went on about his business. The man was in no way related to the lady. It seem the lady was parked in the delivery docks where she had no business being in the frist place. Anyway my hubby and his boss went out and talked to her and decided that if he did hit her that they wanted to make it right. And they gave her all the info she needed to get her car fixed. Tonight his boss
called and said that the lady called and told him she filed hit and run charges against my hubby. How likely is it to stick. As it was on a private lot and he had no idea that he had hit her in the frist place. He had no paint on his truck from her car to indcate that he did as well.
He has to talk with the police tomorrow. But just wanted to know what chould happen. We are in the final throws of an adoption and not sure if anything comes from this what will the outcome be. Thanks for your time and advice.

Drell

M

Mike101

If your husband contacted the lady and turned over his info (name, insurance, etc) then he did not break the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">