• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hmmmm!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

206 lulu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state! I had over 5000$dollars in traffic fines that turned into seriously about16,000$ after interest I never made a payment and as a result have not been able to drive bad decisions as a teenager terrible really... I just looked at kreditkarma and they HAVE FINALLY COME OFF MY CREDIT SCORE for some reason I have been waiting for years for this to happen AM I ELIGIBLE TO GO GET MY D.L???? Please someone I need some good news in my life about now?!?!?

FlyingRon

Credit history is limited to seven years.
That has no bearing on your traffic convictions. Those are forever. You're not getting a license until you pay up.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state! I had over 5000$dollars in traffic fines that turned into seriously about16,000$ after interest I never made a payment and as a result have not been able to drive bad decisions as a teenager terrible really... I just looked at kreditkarma and they HAVE FINALLY COME OFF MY CREDIT SCORE for some reason I have been waiting for years for this to happen AM I ELIGIBLE TO GO GET MY D.L???? Please someone I need some good news in my life about now?!?!?
I will give you good news!! Pay your bill and you will be able to get your DL. :cool:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes indeed, your credit history/report has no bearing on your ability to get your license back.

Until you pay your outstanding fines, or make some arrangement to make payments which is acceptable to the court(s) of record, you will not have a license.

Proserpina

You're alive and clearly able to think ... that's good news, right?

And ... um ... okay, yeah, you have Richard Sherman? That's good too, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">