• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honking a horn for a long time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seezero

Did not get the whole story. Website error

I now agree that honking the horn is illegal when someone pulls in front of you even if most of my story missing due to a website error. Could I still get a ticket or a summons to go to traffic court in the mail? I live in Toledo, Ohio.

Silverplum

I now agree that honking the horn is illegal when someone pulls in front of you even if most of my story missing due to a website error. Could I still get a ticket or a summons to go to traffic court in the mail? I live in Toledo, Ohio.
The website error is that the "Preview Post" function eats posts. It won't stop. :eek::(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes you could.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Honking the horn to let someone know about a dangerous situation is not illegal. Honking the horn for a long period so that the other person knows just how mad s/he made you is illegal.

I taught my kids that, generally, if you have to honk, then you already screwed up by not seeing the situation develop in the first place. Of course, there are exceptions, but it is exceedingly rare for a situation to develop wherein blowing the horn is the ONLY way to avoid an accident.

Gail in Georgia

In Georgia, honking the horn for a long time could lead you to being shot (since we now have this stupid open gun carrying law). The defense of the person doing this would be "your honor, he needed killin'".

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">