• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOV lane ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dewen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

The question: How far can a person legally drive in the HOV/left turn lane as a single driver before turning left?
I was driving in the "regular" lane of traffic on a one-way street (Santa Fe) then merged into the HOV lane(at Iowa) to make a left-handed turn. The sign specifically states "left turns ok". The business I was turning into (Starbucks) was 4/10 of a mile away. There was one intersection that I could have turned left at (Florida) which was one short block away from where I merged. There were then 3 other businesses that I could have turned left into before my turn into Starbucks. I merged into the HOV lane where I did because of the heavy flow of traffic at the time.
I told the police officer that I was in the lane because I was going to turn left at Starbucks, which truly was my intention the entire time. He said that I could have turned earlier and gave me a ticket.

Hey There

What is the # and description of the citation?

The first step to contest a traffic ticket is to read the vehicle code carefully to see if a violation did indeed occut.
Even if this is the case a driver has the right to have his day in court .

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">