• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can This Be Done? ASAP Program?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrclose

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I went to court today and pled guilty to two charges.

The first was driving with No license. I had let my Florida license expire and had not yet applied for a Virginia license when I was stopped.

The other charge was a "Me Being Stupid Charge".

I was lost and looking for the Northbound ramp to interstate I-95.

This was at 12:20 in the morning.
I passed the On ramp that I wanted by about thirty feet so ... being it was a two lane Nowhere road and no one was immediately behind me .. I stopped, backed up and drove onto the ramp.

That is when I was stopped for these two offenses.

Well I went to court, pled guilty expecting to pay the fines and be on my way.

To my Big suprise the judge not only fined me $250.00 on each violation, he also suspended my license, (which I don't even have) and then Ordered me to enroll in some program that I had never heard of before! It's called ASAP. Some kind of alcohol, drug intervention deal!

I have NO dui's and neither of these charges are even remotley related to drugs or alcohol!

After reading up on what this ASAP program is all about, it appears to be for people who have been or are now convicted of any driving offense under the alcohol/drug laws.

Even the folks at the ASAP program thought it was odd. (I went to sign up for the program today .. as ordered.)

This is a Ten week program and is going to cost me another $350.00

Is it too late to talk to an attorney about this.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MCWhat is the name of your state?

mrclose

Thank you for your replies.
My main concern here is understanding the purpose or reason that I was ordered to a program that had no bearing on my charges.

Oh, the other charge was for Reckless driving. (minor reckless)

In Virginia you can receive a reckless driving charge for not using your turn signal!

Wonder How many folks will be in that dui/drug class for THAT? LOL

Mc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">