• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i find out if a car was insured?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

losted

What is the name of your state? nj

i was driving someone car a few years ago, i was pulled over because one of the tail lights was out. i couldn't find the insurance card when asked for it, so they gave me a ticket (but i know the car was insured). anyway, this ticket just came back to haunt me...how can i get proof that the car was insured at that time...(i have no contact with the person who's car it was)

K

KevinLSt36

Got to find a way to make contact with owner of car. Find out what insurance company is theirs. They can give you proof of insurance which may or may not get the ticket removed. By not being able to prove that the car had insurance on it when the officer gave you the ticket, the ticket may still hold even with proof now.

racer72

Whether the car was insured back then is a moot point now. When you failed to reply to the citation or pay it, the courts find you guilty of the charges. The only way out now is to pay the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">