• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How could have this have happened to me or why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nashir

What is the name of your state? CA

How could have this have happened to me or why?

Here is my experience: I was in my parents house, with my mother.
We have lived together for the past 8 months because my my Father recently succumbed to cancer at age of 62.

We were having a dinner party for 8. Family was visiting from Germany. I was in the kitchen prepping food. We heard a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting anyone else. When I opened the door there were 8 Police officers dressed in battle Uniforms, 2 of them had on ski masks, all were wearing combat boots. While the entire neighborer hood watched, I was handcuffed. I was not allowed to grab my wallet, cell phone or
a change of shirt. I was shoved into the back seat of a van for 6 hours "Since I have I have Avascular Necrosis of both hips with my right hip fully replaced 5 years ago I am not capable of pivoting, nor sitting in that position."
I was more terrified for my mother than myself. All I could hear her saying was "Why?", with tears. My Father's Dead is been a very hard thing for her to deal with, they were like 2 peas in a pot. I have left everything in my life to be with her.and she seeing me being taken by force like that from our home, with out any contact for 12 hours,"THE PHONE SYSTEM WAS NOT WORKING AT JAIL",was like a bad flash back form 27 years ago when most our family was terrorist During the Russian Invasion in my home Country in Afghanistan. When you were Taken away in that manner, you would disappear for good.
I would like to ask whoever is reading this to make a wild guess, 'What was I guilty of?". PLEASE would you expect this response to my missing a court summons for A TRAFFIC TICKET?
This was a very disturbing experience. What recourse do I have? I have never broken any laws for the 27 years i have been in US and this was my first time being introduce to the court system.
pls contact me
[email protected]
510-220-2647

Last edited:

CdwJava

When I opened the door there were 8 Police officers dressed in battle Uniforms, 2 of them had on ski masks, all were wearing combat boots. While the entire neighborer hood watched, I was handcuffed.
"Battle uniforms"? I have never seen one ... not sure what they are. And they were not "ski masks" - they may have LOOKED like them, but that is not what they were.

I was not allowed to grab my wallet, cell phone or
a change of shirt. I was shoved into the back seat of a van for 6 hours
If you were arrested on a traffic warrant, why were you sitting in a van for 6 hours? Were they conducting a search of the entire home?

Was there a search warrant for the property, or arrest warrants for others in the home?

This is a little too high profile for a misdemeanor bench warrant. Obviously they believed there was something else amiss.

This was a very disturbing experience. What recourse do I have? I have never broken any laws for the 27 years i have been in US and this was my first time being introduce to the court system.
Your recourse is to hire an attorney and defend yourself against the charges for which the arrest warrant was issued.

If you feel your treatment was improper, you may file a personnel complaint with the agency and you may consult an attorney to discuss a civil suit. If you have damages, and the attorney agrees to take the case on a contingency fee basis, you may have a case. if an attorney wants the money up front, you do not have much of a case.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">