• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How could I be going 27mi over the limit during a holiday weekend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frmmilidriver

What is the name of your state? MD

My car began to stall as I was driving UP an incline on the highway. I saw the state trooper 2 exits before i got to him. It was Memorial Day weekend - so trafffic was hectic. I pushed the gas peddle and the car was barely moving at the pace of the other vehicles. As I got to the top of that incline, the officer pulls me over. He asks me if I knew why he stopped me...No....you were speeding. I said, "How could I be speeding in all of this traffic, my car was barely responding to the gas? Nonetheless, I was given a ticket for $280 and charged with exceeding the speedl imit by 27mph. The next day, my car stalled,the day after, the car would not start. The mechanic says that the battery was so dead, it caused all of the electric to "go out of whack". Does this constitute a potential reason for dismissal and how do I subpoena the radar guns record? Please advise. Thanks@

fairisfair

nope, you still have to go the speed limit. What are you trying to claim, that your car was not able to go that fast, or that the speedometer might have been somehow affected??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">