• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Beat A Dual Stalker Radar Ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zphyrtec

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Broward County, Florida

The citation was issued for excessive speed on the Florida Turpike just north of the Pompano Beach Service Plaza. The Florida Highway Patrol officer's vehicle was at a standstill in the emergency lane on the passenger side of my vehicle just before an overpass were the highway curves. It was 3 lanes of moderate traffic and he had a Dual Stalker Radar serial number DC-090678. the officer had a handheld electronic citation issuing device which only shows his name printed but has no signiture. The citation copy he issued me also does not show my signiture as well. He cited me for unlawful speed under Florida State Statute 316.187.2b on state road 91, mile maker 68. The citation is printed so everything is legible. Can anyone please help?

Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Broward County, Florida

The citation was issued for excessive speed on the Florida Turpike just north of the Pompano Beach Service Plaza. The Florida Highway Patrol officer's vehicle was at a standstill in the emergency lane on the passenger side of my vehicle just before an overpass were the highway curves. It was 3 lanes of moderate traffic and he had a Dual Stalker Radar serial number DC-090678. the officer had a handheld electronic citation issuing device which only shows his name printed but has no signiture. The citation copy he issued me also does not show my signiture as well. He cited me for unlawful speed under Florida State Statute 316.187.2b on state road 91, mile maker 68. The citation is printed so everything is legible. Can anyone please help?

Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

not legal advice, however, if you were speeding, you pay the ticket or pay the consequences of your own actions. I am unaware of any way to "beat" that type of device, besides which it would be dishonest. Pay the ticket. :rolleyes:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
How do you know the make/model/serial number of the radar set? Does FL write that info on the citation?

You beat it the way you would beat any radar ticket. Take good notes as to the details of the incident and do some research on radar.

How fast were you moving and what was the posted speed limit?

Zphyrtec

The officer says the radar reading was 93 in a 70 mph zone. I was in the car with my wife and son in a 95 camry that reads a max of 85 on the speedometer. I think he clocked another driver that was passing me at the time then hit the brakes because he saw him before i did. The computer printed ticket includes the unit serial number.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Once again, something like "my car doesn't go that fast" is not a defense. The fact that the speedometer only reads up to 85 doesn't indicate that is the car's maximum speed.

"You think" is probably not good enough. You need to have noted alot of information about the situation in order to be able to stand a chance. Like I have said before, officers take notes on each case, motorists need to as well.

So how fast were you going? And please don't say you were "keeping up with traffic"!

Maestro64

Did he write you up for 93, if so I would seriously thinking about hiring someone...

Otherwise if you want to go the DIY route go to this website,

Radar Detector Jammer Forum

There is are a few people there from FL and a number of people who know Radar and all the issues related to using it since you are probably right on he measured another car speed and he saw you and assumed it was you. Anyone with a good Radar Detector could have gotten a warning and slammed on the brakes and the officer never saw it happen.

I know there are few people with points on their license because I did exactly that.

LSCAP

Since the Courts and the District attorneys seem to think that Radar was part of the Holy Grail, it’s tough to fight the gadget.

If he spoke of the “other” faster, driver at the time he was given the ticket, he should tell the same story in court.
Just maybe…the officer will say that you ‘mentioned’ it. Few do.

Zphyrtec

Thank you to all who were helpful in providing answers instead of chastising. Court went well. The Judge dismissed the citation due to the citation citing the incorrect statute and the radar evidence was nullified because the trooper failed to provide me with a copy of the certified engineering report under cross examination. Although the Trooper would not admit that it wasn't my vehicle that was speeding, when questioned he could not recall which lane of the 4 I was traveling in. I also provided the court with a printout of my sunpass billing history. It indicated the according to the time and location of the stop in comparision to the time and location of my entry onto the turnpike and the distance from A to B, I could not have been traveling at the rate of speed the Trooper indicated. The fact was that I was not speeding! If I can be of assistance to anyone else, please let me know.

Maestro64

Good work, you did exactly what one person did on Speeder go to Court the guy printed out his sunpass report and showed the judge that the time it took to cover that distance was well within the speed limit and if he was going the speed the officer claimed the time would have been less.

Yeah Radar is perfect and so are the officers operating it....

loyago65

I have a very similar ticket!

Hi, I will really appreciate if you can help me based on your previous experience:
I recently had a similar ticket, citation was also issued for excessive speed on the Florida Turnpike just north of the Palm Beach . The officer had also hand held electronic citation issuing device which also only shows her name printed but has no signature. The citation copy she issued me also does not show my signature as well. She cited me for unlawful speed (98 ) applicable 65 under Florida State Statute 316.187.2b , The citation also is printed and legible. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance?

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">