• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I go about getting a continuance/rescheduling for a aqppearance that I can't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roller434

What is the name of your state? WI

I have a pretrial conference upcoming, for a 1st offense driving after revocation, and I can't attend because I won't be in the state at the time. How can I go about getting it rescheduled? I initially pled not guilty to get time to research my options. I no longer plan to fight the charge, but now I'm looking at getting popped for failing to appear.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? WI

I have a pretrial conference upcoming, for a 1st offense driving after revocation, and I can't attend because I won't be in the state at the time. How can I go about getting it rescheduled? I initially pled not guilty to get time to research my options. I no longer plan to fight the charge, but now I'm looking at getting popped for failing to appear.
Are you going out of state for heart surgery? Have a brain tumor removed? If it is not a DIRE reason you will have to put off your trip...

roller434

I called the Clerk of Courts Tuesday morning, after a few transfers I was on the phone with someone in the judges office. She said it was odd that I was scheduled for an appearance only a month after my initial plea, and rescheduled my next hearing for next June.

The Occultist

I called the Clerk of Courts Tuesday morning, after a few transfers I was on the phone with someone in the judges office. She said it was odd that I was scheduled for an appearance only a month after my initial plea, and rescheduled my next hearing for next June.
You, my friend, just got lucky. I hope you are wise enough to appear at your rescheduled hearing.

roller434

I myself was kind of surprised by how easily the process went. In hindsight it would have been far easier to have just entered a non contest plea and paid the pittance of a $250 fine. But being the procrastinator that I am, and knowing the judges sentencing practices(straight from the mouth of the DA) I'll save a $100 by having the time to do what is necessary to get my license back before my next hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">