• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I postpone a court date in New York, NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticktickticket

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY NY

It is for a seatbelt ticket. I tried to call the number and it is busy busy busy busy! Can I write in to request a postponement? or email? What is the best method?

THANKS!

qcxlvr1

ticktickticket said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY NY

It is for a seatbelt ticket. I tried to call the number and it is busy busy busy busy! Can I write in to request a postponement? or email? What is the best method?

THANKS!

You can go down to the TVB office if you want and they'll do it there. Otherwise keep trying the number.

You Are Guilty

qcxlvr1 said:
You can go down to the TVB office if you want and they'll do it there. Otherwise keep trying the number.
One caveat - if the ticket was for unbelted kids under 16, I'm fairly certain those are not heard at the TVB as those are point-carrying tickets, which means you'll need to call the DMV (where you will be summarily screwed no matter when your court date is adjourned to).

ticktickticket

no it is not unbelted kid under 16 it was unbelted adult! so basically keep trying the number.

The court date is far out in Oct. but I know I cannot make it already should I wait till October to call or call now. I am just affraid if I wait and I can never get through I cannot show I will be in a heap of trouble!

Thanks

snostar

ticktickticket said:
no it is not unbelted kid under 16 it was unbelted adult! so basically keep trying the number.

The court date is far out in Oct. but I know I cannot make it already should I wait till October to call or call now. I am just affraid if I wait and I can never get through I cannot show I will be in a heap of trouble!

Thanks
So go down to the TVB as suggested. If you do not get an adjournment, and do not show, they very well may issue a warrant for your arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">