+ Reply to Thread
    ticktickticket is offline Junior Member

How do I postpone a court date in New York, NY

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY NY

It is for a seatbelt ticket. I tried to call the number and it is busy busy busy busy! Can I write in to request a postponement? or email? What is the best method?

THANKS!
    qcxlvr1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktickticket
    What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY NY

It is for a seatbelt ticket. I tried to call the number and it is busy busy busy busy! Can I write in to request a postponement? or email? What is the best method?

THANKS!

You can go down to the TVB office if you want and they'll do it there. Otherwise keep trying the number.
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qcxlvr1
    You can go down to the TVB office if you want and they'll do it there. Otherwise keep trying the number.
    One caveat - if the ticket was for unbelted kids under 16, I'm fairly certain those are not heard at the TVB as those are point-carrying tickets, which means you'll need to call the DMV (where you will be summarily screwed no matter when your court date is adjourned to).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
    ticktickticket is offline Junior Member
    no it is not unbelted kid under 16 it was unbelted adult! so basically keep trying the number.

The court date is far out in Oct. but I know I cannot make it already should I wait till October to call or call now. I am just affraid if I wait and I can never get through I cannot show I will be in a heap of trouble!

Thanks
    snostar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktickticket
    no it is not unbelted kid under 16 it was unbelted adult! so basically keep trying the number.

The court date is far out in Oct. but I know I cannot make it already should I wait till October to call or call now. I am just affraid if I wait and I can never get through I cannot show I will be in a heap of trouble!

Thanks
    So go down to the TVB as suggested. If you do not get an adjournment, and do not show, they very well may issue a warrant for your arrest.