• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to fight MA ticket - 80 in 65 zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I am a New Hampshire resident and I recently got a speeding ticket for 80 in a 65 mph on I-495 in MA. This was a 90/17 violation with "Clocked Radar Estimated Posted" checked on the citation. I was driving in the left most lane and was being tailgated by a sports car. I decided to move over to the middle lane, but had to cross a bunch of cars before I had enough space to move over. In the process, I was close to 75mph and a cop in SUV was behind me when I switched to the middle lane. He followed me and pulled me over.

The cop told me that I was going at 80, but I panicked and told him I was below 75mph. He gave me a citation and I am challenging it.

Few questions:

- What does all this mean - "Clocked Radar Estimated Posted"? Is this possible?
- Will I get points on my license if proven guilty?
- How can I beat this ticket?

I have a clerk magistrate hearing tomorrow. How can I defend during this hearing? Any suggestions will help greatly! This is my first time and I am not sure how it works.

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">