• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to fight a traffic camera ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reactive

That's civil enough. All I expect is civility, not respect. If you think I give generally useless advice, fine. I fully believe that people have been driven out by unfriendliness (for example, the person who started this thread) and maybe some of them first would have reported the comments had they known how to. A sticky about reporting posts is a reasonable request. I hope the standards set disallow the behavior I've been complaining about maybe a bit too loudly. Nobody has told me who the moderators are (i.e., if they routinely read the posts) and maybe moderators operate on sheer number of reports more than anything else.

I_Got_Banned

That's civil enough.
Civility is subjective... And your level of tollerance is different from someone else's... Considering the fact that you have complained about responses in each and every thread that you posted in, I would suggest that you might want to consider a re-evaluation of the term "civil"...

All I expect is civility, not respect.
Well, I, as well as most, if not all memebers and moderators on this forum expect respect... So see? You do not set the standards on here...

I fully believe that people have been driven out by unfriendliness (for example, the person who started this thread) and maybe some of them first would have reported the comments had they known how to.
There you go making assumptions about something that you haven't the slightest idea about!!!

A sticky about reporting posts is a reasonable request.
There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page...

Also, I think that a sticky about "how to use the scroll bar to skip over posts that you don't like" is, in my opinion, a much more reasonable request... but I don't run the show on here and that's why you don't see that "sticky"...

I hope the standards set disallow the behavior I've been complaining about maybe a bit too loudly.
You obviously have not complied with the forum policy that states that you should read the Forum Terms, General Disclaimer and Conditions of Use. Had you done that, you might have a clue as to what those standards are!!!

Nobody has told me who the moderators are
And chances are, nobody will tell you either...

i.e., if they routinely read the posts
See? You have not read the Forum terms!!!

and maybe moderators operate on sheer number of reports more than anything else.
Moderators make their own rules, they have their own levels of tolerance as to what does or doesn't constitute a violation. This forum has existed and has been run efficiently and effectively for years before you decided to show up... And to come on here suggesting that everybody SHOULD have to abide by your standards is obviously a HUGE misunderstanding on your part.

reactive

The standards are vague. For example, "hateful" means what? There is no mention in there whether moderators routinely read the posts in this or any other section.

Respect will come to you if your posts generally come across as helpful. From what I've seen, they don't. People don't thank your posts, and in fact many of the people to whom you reply go silent while their issues still are being discussed and I've seen a few get mad at you and others and not me. It took me a while to notice the Contact Us link; it could be more prominent, but who knows where the emails go. Most newcomers would sooner not come back than complain about the forum. If you want to avoid all the nonsense that is as absurd to claim is fully coincidental as some of the violation excuses you ridicule, the simple tactic of using fewer exclamation points would help.

wholesalecd

Your rights

I drive my car with my registration in my window and no tags. I don't go around running red lights I just DON'T TRUST RED LIGHT CAMERAS! PERIOD......If I get stopped I just tell the cop I am putting the tags on soon. I haven't been stopped yet though and probably won't. I have also noticed many others doing the same. One couple was caught on camera having oral sex. They sue for invasion of privacy. NOT JOKING! Probably didn't win though. There are so many red light cameras where I live it's annoying. I don't trust them anyway and that's why I choose to just drive without my tags. It's easy to get away with in a big city like San Diego.

Red light cameras are just another way to control us and generate revenue.

Also, you have a right to confront your accuser in court of law. You can't confront a camera so try that if you have to go to court. Just ask the judge you would like to confront your accuser. LOL

Frank

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

The standards are vague. For example, "hateful" means what?
Read most of your posts, that 'll give you an idea!!!!!!!!!!

There is no mention in there whether moderators routinely read the posts in this or any other section.
Read the Forum rules... Its in there...
Respect will come to you if your posts generally come across as helpful. From what I've seen, they don't. People don't thank your posts, and in fact many of the people to whom you reply go silent while their issues still are being discussed and I've seen a few get mad at you and others and not me.
And who left and put you in charge??????

Let's talk about helpful. Show me one post that you made on this forum that was, in any way, shape, form, color or quality helpful to anybody??? Better yet, show me one that made any sense or even came close to having any legal basis.

If somebody comes on here expecting answers they want to here, then I'd be lying to them by telling them they had a case if in my opinion, I think they have no case at all.

And its not that people do or don't get mad at you... Its that your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever that they are generally ignored. In fact, I am the only one who resonds to your posts simply because I find them irritating... Just in case you haven't noticed!!!!!!!!

Most newcomers would sooner not come back than complain about the forum.
Is that a study that you did on your own or did somebody help you tabulate the results????????

If you want to avoid all the nonsense that is as absurd to claim is fully coincidental as some of the violation excuses you ridicule, the simple tactic of using fewer exclamation points would help.
See? You're a complainer... You always have to find a reason to complain!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

reactive

Read the Forum rules... Its in there..
I don't see it. Show me, or drop the claim.

And who left and put you in charge??????

Let's talk about helpful. Show me one post that you made on this forum that was, in any way, shape, form, color or quality helpful to anybody??? Better yet, show me one that made any sense or even came close to having any legal basis.

If somebody comes on here expecting answers they want to here, then I'd be lying to them by telling them they had a case if in my opinion, I think they have no case at all.

And its not that people do or don't get mad at you... Its that your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever that they are generally ignored. In fact, I am the only one who resonds to your posts simply because I find them irritating... Just in case you haven't noticed!!!!!!!!
It's observations, not rules of mine.

Do my posts make sense? As far as I know, only you have said otherwise. Are my posts particularly helpful? Maybe not. They mention dismissal due to cops possibly not showing up or downgraded charges and sometimes include informative links, but don't offer guaranteed solutions. But they are meant to help, aren't they? It does matter what makes people mad. If they're made mad (by those who rudely tell them no case when common sense says there likely is some chance of lesser punishment), when people who are trying to help even respond, they probably won't be around to see it. If they see the help and aren't thankful, that's their problem. I've been a member of many forums and have even helped run a few. In my experience, dissatisfied newcomers seldom complain unless treated egregiously and/or virtually invited to complain.

I_Got_Banned

I don't see it. Show me, or drop the claim.
You couldn't see it if it slapped you in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreeAdvice.com's Disclaimer and Conditions of Use

The Editorial Staff and attorneys at FreeAdvice.com have NOT reviewed the postings on the Forum and FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting, or the status, legitimacy or bona fides of any person (even one purporting to be an attorney or moderator) making a post.

Although FreeAdvice attempts to delete objectionable messages from the Forum, it operates in real time and does not review material before posting.

dissatisfied newcomers seldom complain unless treated egregiously and/or virtually invited to complain.
You were not treated egregiously and nobody invited you to complain, virtually or otherwise. So zip it!!!!!!

Well I can only post my two cents in here only cause of past experiences, but things to look over is 4 Red Light Signs 6ft above the floor on EACH side of the street where the camera resides excluding if they are at the ALL the major entrances of the city. Check up on this but from what I know which is not much that 45MPH in California yellow light time is supposed to be 3.9Sec to red, One of my Attorneys say it can be shorter due to some reasons cant remember what they we're but always nice to check, Another Arguing point is trying to convince the judge on the part of what he calls a actual stop and if he considers that at all a complete one. Lastly if the contract that the city has done by witting a discovery letter is 100% legal and effective, Which turns out in a case i worked with, that was not the issue.

I_Got_Banned

Check up on this but from what I know which is not much that 45MPH in California yellow light time is supposed to be 3.9Sec to red,
Yellow timing has nothing to do with the validity of a red light camera ticket, especially when the OP stated nothing about a yellow light. He rolled through the red light!!!!!!!

One of my Attorneys say...
Oh now you have more than "one" attorney!!!!!!

Another Arguing point is trying to convince the judge on the part of what he calls a actual stop and if he considers that at all a complete one.
The actual stop is clearly defined in the vehicle code. It is not left up to the judge's discretion

Jim_bo

IGB,

You seem to be on a rant lately. You should slow down and think of what you are saying.

Yellow light timing absolutely has something to do with red light tickets. The timing of a yellow light is based on what the speed limit is. The greater the speed limit, the longer the yellow light time required. Therefore, not only does yellow light time become a direct contributing factor, but the speed survey which justifies the speed limit is a factor as well.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
IGB,

You seem to be on a rant lately. You should slow down and think of what you are saying.

Yellow light timing absolutely has something to do with red light tickets. The timing of a yellow light is based on what the speed limit is. The greater the speed limit, the longer the yellow light time required. Therefore, not only does yellow light time become a direct contributing factor, but the speed survey which justifies the speed limit is a factor as well.
However, in THIS case, it doesn't come in to play. ;)

I_Got_Banned

IGB,

You seem to be on a rant lately.
Jim_bo,

You always complain about my posts.

You should slow down and think of what you are saying.
You should read the thread before you make comments that have no connection to what has been said.

The OP approached a red light, rolled through the red light and completed the turn during the same red light cycle.

So yellow light timing AND the speed survey have no connection here whatsoever. ;)

reactive

You couldn't see it if it slapped you in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreeAdvice.com's Disclaimer and Conditions of Use

The Editorial Staff and attorneys at FreeAdvice.com have NOT reviewed the postings on the Forum and FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting, or the status, legitimacy or bona fides of any person (even one purporting to be an attorney or moderator) making a post.

Although FreeAdvice attempts to delete objectionable messages from the Forum, it operates in real time and does not review material before posting.
Nice try. Unless the "NOT reviewed" statement literally means that moderators are not supposed to be following the forum, which would go against every forum I know of, you lose. It most likely means that no guarantee is made of posts being read before, say, the Report button is used. As I see it, the text does not rule out the possibility that a moderator unofficially routinely reads posts in this and other sections. As though that matters. I suspect you do know the identity of at least one moderator, but would prefer not to facilitate my quest for a better atmosphere. Let me snicker about your apparent inability to use your fault-finding nature on the bulk of the comments in my last post. Meanwhile, I'll take my quest in a new direction.

I_Got_Banned

Let me snicker about your apparent inability to use your fault-finding nature on the bulk of the comments in my last post.
While you snicker, I've been laughing at YOUR inability to find anything on this forum... But you see, even when I am being helpful to you by showing you the information you were looking for, you still nag and complain... :rolleyes:

You figure out what that proves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And speaking of the bulk of your comments, and I don't mean only those in one post, I mean all of your posts, I am yet to see you quote a single post from you that was productive, helpful or one that offered any sort of benefit to anyone on here...
Meanwhile, I'll take my quest in a new direction.
:eek: What are the chances that this "new" direction would lead you to a "new" website?

Seriously, start your plan to reform humanity somewhere else, and work your way back here, maybe sometime in 2050 or so. I might not be on here anymore, and that, might help solve one of the many challenges that you are obviously facing...

Antigone*

While you snicker, I've been laughing at YOUR inability to find anything on this forum... But you see, even when I am being helpful to you by showing you the information you were looking for, you still nag and complain... :rolleyes:

You figure out what that proves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And speaking of the bulk of your comments, and I don't mean only those in one post, I mean all of your posts, I am yet to see you quote a single post from you that was productive, helpful or one that offered any sort of benefit to anyone on here...

:eek: What are the chances that this "new" direction would lead you to a "new" website?

Seriously, start your plan to reform humanity somewhere else, and work your way back here, maybe sometime in 2050 or so. I might not be on here anymore, and that, might help solve one of the many challenges that you are obviously facing...
IGB,

It is like beating a dead horse. He is beyond logic and comprehension.

Btw... You ate the cop's fancy donut - I saw you (I've got the picture with the crumbs on your face to prove it). You will be fined and reported :eek: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">