• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file a Corum Novis???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kmoran81

What is the name of your state? NY

I was told by a judge that I needed to file a Corum Novis to reopen a traffic ticket. The judge told me to do this without the help of an attorney because he wanted to see how much effort I put into it. What is the process and where do I obtain the paperwork to do so. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

DaveInPhx

It's actually corum nobis. It's used to correct errors in conviction which were based on inaccurate evidence (paperwork, testimony, etc). If the judge instructed you to do this to see your level of effort, he's probably not going to want to see a form.

If you really want to impress him, take a look in your local rules of civil or criminal procedure for instructions on how to format your filings and then write your explanation and file it with the clerk. The problem with this is he may not believe you did it without the help of an attorney. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">