• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get a traffic ticket dropped. Done some research.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Drewby230

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
City: Wilmington

Okay so i got pulled over and the officer claimed i was doing 30 over and i could go to jail for that. Let me follow by saying there is no way on god's green earth i was going that fast. He pulled me over in his neighborhood (he told me this) thats one reason for being so harsh. Then he said he was by the gas station thats when he first saw me!
And the ONLY time he was in front of me to clock me. After i pasted him i stopped for a Mercedes turning into a drive way. I yielded and stopped at a stop sign.
But in this time i supposedly SHOT magically to the speed of 55.
Anyways the point is he CANNOT radar me from behind and chasing me.
He guessed at the speed.
And i think he did this because my car is nice.
But it also kinda loud.

I know that you should always ask for proof of his radar training certification and the certification on his radar. I know you should also ask to see the paper work from the radars last calibration and maintenance records.

Anything else i should know/ do to get me out of a UNHOLY RIDICULOUS speeding ticket when i was NO where near that speed.
I did some google searching and stuff to find the information i have.
Thanks in advancedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Why on earth do you believe that he can't radar you from the rear OR while moving?
You're not going to win by arguing that you weren't speeding at the point YOU think you were observed. It matters how fast you were going when you were actually measured.

racer72

Sure he can and very easily. He is driving 40 mph. His radar show you moving away from him at 15 mph. You are driving 55 mph. Also, many new radar units are tied into the vehicles computer and can show the actual speed of the vehicle in front of the officer, even while he is accelerating or slowing down. Please don't use this as an excuse in court, it will aggravate the judge and make the attorneys present start laughing.

I_Got_Banned

there is no way on god's green earth i was going that fast.
Can you back this up with some logical reasoning? I mean You did say you have a "nice car" and one that is "kinda loud". Is it "boosted", "chipped", "tricked out in some other way"? which would suggest to me that "there is a way on God's green earth you could have been going that fast..."

He pulled me over in his neighborhood (he told me this) thats one reason for being so harsh. Then he said he was by the gas station thats when he first saw me!
This is good to know :rolleyes:
Actually, it has no bearing on his ability, jurisdiction, duty, job... to pull you over and cite you...
And the ONLY time he was in front of me to clock me. After i pasted him i stopped for a Mercedes turning into a drive way. I yielded and stopped at a stop sign.
But in this time i supposedly SHOT magically to the speed of 55.
Whether you could or couldn't hit 55 would depend on a number of factors including but not limited to how much time/what distance you traveled between the time you stopped for the mercedes, yielded and stopped or whatever you did and in whatever order you did them...
Example: this morning, i stopped at a red light (before getting on the freeway) then I checked cross traffic and made a right turn on another red light (after getting off the freeway).... In between, I probably hit a speed of 80 on the freeway.
Point is, none of what you have posted justifies your innocense. In fact, some of what you posted (nice/loud car) tends to support possible guilt.
He can RADAR you from front, from the back, from the side... While he is stationary or while he's chasing you...
He guessed at the speed.
You do know that officers are trained to estimate speed. Typically, they visually estimate a vehicle's speed then they are supposed to confirm it with Radar.
I know that you should always ask for proof of his radar training certification and the certification on his radar. I know you should also ask to see the paper work from the radars last calibration and maintenance records.
"the certification on his radar" AND "the radars last calibration and maintenance records" are one and the same... Aren't they?
At any rate, the items that I underlined in your quote are items that the officer, if called upon to testify, will present as part of his testimony; part of laying the foundation for him saying that he clocked you on Radar and subsequently cited you for exceeding the speed limit. Do you know for a fact he used Radar? Does it state that on the citation?

Anything else i should know/ do to get me out of a UNHOLY RIDICULOUS speeding ticket when i was NO where near that speed.
For starters, I would suggest that you put together some sort of story other than your "I stopped, I yielded, I have a nice car and its loud".

I did some google searching and stuff to find the information i have.
A great resourse for web searching... However, you cannot believe everything you read on the internet. Just keep that in mind!

Maestro64

Not often do the 3 above poster and myself agree, however, this one is a first.

It is called Moving Radar, do a search on that term, you will find that it works and most time works well.

Now if he did in fact use moving radar there are number of reason he could have measured a speed higher than what you think or claim you were doing. You will first have to establish those things existed and then go on to show how they could have affected the officer ability to get accurate reading.

HINT: go look here Radar Detector Jammer Forum

Drewby230

Well geez.
I know i wasnt going that fast.
My speedo. has been tested and accurate.
Yes my car is boosted.

Help?!?!?

Should i just get an attorney to help?

uber1337h4xx0r

hmmm

I'm not entirely sure how tickets work; but instead of going to an attorney first, try asking the District Attorney for "deferred adjudication". Again, I'm really cloudy on this concept, but I think if you call the number of the court on the back of your ticket you can ask them for the district attorney/city prosecutor's number. Then, call them and ask them for the def. adj.

From what I've heard, it's like a "probation" of sorts. If you don't get another ticket in a certain while; then you don't have to pay. Of course, they have to actually accept it for it to count. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">