• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long would it take to find out if I'll get a ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

philllip

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
About a week ago I was driving home from a friend's house, it was about 1:30 or 2 in the morning. I was supposed to be home already so I was trying not to be too late, and since it's summer there's obviously a lot of construction on the expressways. They were off to the side and all of a sudden I realized that was the exit I needed to get off at, so I signaled and turned into it quickly, but after I turned in I wasn't sure if the exit was opened or closed. I didn't see any signs indicating it either way, but there were cones along the side and a construction crew standing by a truck off to the side. All week I've been nervous that it maybe was closed and I shouldn't have exited there, but that's the last exit I know of that lets off in my town and I didn't want to be too much later and get in more trouble with my parents. It was a small construction crew, maybe only three or four guys, and they didn't seem to pay too much attention to me, so I don't know if they got my license plate or anything, but I'm curious how long it would take to get a ticket or fine and what it might be if I was wrong.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
About a week ago I was driving home from a friend's house, it was about 1:30 or 2 in the morning. I was supposed to be home already so I was trying not to be too late, and since it's summer there's obviously a lot of construction on the expressways. They were off to the side and all of a sudden I realized that was the exit I needed to get off at, so I signaled and turned into it quickly, but after I turned in I wasn't sure if the exit was opened or closed. I didn't see any signs indicating it either way, but there were cones along the side and a construction crew standing by a truck off to the side. All week I've been nervous that it maybe was closed and I shouldn't have exited there, but that's the last exit I know of that lets off in my town and I didn't want to be too much later and get in more trouble with my parents. It was a small construction crew, maybe only three or four guys, and they didn't seem to pay too much attention to me, so I don't know if they got my license plate or anything, but I'm curious how long it would take to get a ticket or fine and what it might be if I was wrong.
If you are young enough that you have to worry about what Mum And Dad will do if you come home late...you should not be driving after 10pm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">