• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much are these tickets??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snippyman

Hi, I received two tickets in NY.

I recently posted a thread here but I forgot to ask how much the tickets would be.

I got two tickets one night and they are;

Moved from lane unsafely
Speed unreasonable & prudent

How much am I looking at here and how many points will these be on my license? I was thinking of mailing in my plea with a letter I was wondering who receives the tickets when they are sent in to the court? Does the judge look over them and decide the penalties, cause I was wanting to write a letter with my tickets and send it in and maybe get some sympathy.

Thanks

JETX

How much am I looking at here and how many points will these be on my license?
Call the court.

I was thinking of mailing in my plea with a letter I was wondering who receives the tickets when they are sent in to the court?
See answer above.

Does the judge look over them and decide the penalties, cause I was wanting to write a letter with my tickets and send it in and maybe get some sympathy.
Go ahead and include your heart-felt letter. Judges need a laugh too.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Hi, I received two tickets in NY.

I recently posted a thread here but I forgot to ask how much the tickets would be.

I got two tickets one night and they are;

Moved from lane unsafely
Speed unreasonable & prudent

How much am I looking at here and how many points will these be on my license? I was thinking of mailing in my plea with a letter I was wondering who receives the tickets when they are sent in to the court? Does the judge look over them and decide the penalties, cause I was wanting to write a letter with my tickets and send it in and maybe get some sympathy.

Thanks
The speed is 3 points and I believe the unsafe lane change is also 3.

I can't remember what the fine is for the speed, but it's around $50 or maybe a little more. The minimum for the other is also about $50. Include the NYS surcharges on top of the fines.

Also, those 6 points will cause you to be hit with the Driver Responsibility Assessment, which is another $300 - payable all at once to DMV or $100 a year for 3 years. Failure to pay will lead to a suspension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">